Respite Care by My Choice
We know you need to be there for all of your family, not just a single member of it. That’s why My Choice is happy to provide caregivers for your loved one for a few hours a week, a few hours a day, or more. Sometimes a little time away is exactly what you need to truly be the best caregiver possible.
Caring for an Aging Loved One? We Can Help!
We know that caring for a client deeply involves their family, so My Choice is happy to provide “respite care” for family caregivers struggling with the stress of full-time care of an aging loved one (i.e., a wife caring for a husband, or a daughter or son caring for parents).
Continuous caregiving can bring increasing anxiety as the caregiver’s focus on other important relationships in their life can become taxed due to the need to focus on the one needing care. We have seen that when we are able to provide a break, allowing the family caregiver more time to focus on other important relationships, that every relationship flourishes. Including the relationship with the one they provide care for.
In this day and age, there are demands being placed on family and other informal caregivers that will eventually affect nearly every American family as the demand for in-home care continues to escalate.
If you’ve ever seen a parent start to forget things; Or watched a loved one becomes bewildered, confused, and angry then you know the heartbreak and fear it brings. As they find themselves unable to care for themselves you sincerely desire to help. You happily step up to the plate only to find your other important relationships and endeavors struggling as your attention is divided. We understand this struggle and we are here provide a solution.
You are not alone! We are here to help!
My Choice can help you by providing:
- Loving, compassionate, and knowledgable in-home caregivers who will allow you to take a few hours for yourself, without having to worry about your loved one or wonder if they’re in good and capable hands. We can provide in-home caregivers for a few hours a day, a few hours a week, or more. Taking some time to yourself will refresh you and make you an even better caregiver.
- In-home care assessments. We provide routine assessments to help us provide customized care plans for all of our clients. You can choose to have us implement the care plan, via our caregivers, in whole or in part. Or, you can choose to use our customized care plan as a way to help you improve your own ability to care for your loved one.
- Training and helpful information. We can provide you with all the resources you need to be the best caregiver possible.
- Fall-prevention workshops, assessments, and training. The greatest risk seniors face is falling. That’s why we are here to provide in-home assessments to help you minimize the risks as well as provide fall-prevention workshops for your entire caregiving team. Visit the fall prevention section of this website to learn more.
- Home safety checks. We have developed a multi-faceted process of checking the home for any dangers or increased risk scenarios that we can help you avoid. This is key to ensuring a long and happy life of independence.
- Support groups. We are happy to connect you with the support groups and individuals in this area that can help you, and also help you care for your loved ones.
If you’re ready for a happier, more satisfying life for you and your loved ones then give us a call. We can get started by talking about your current situation, schedule a free in-home assessment, and provide you with all the tools you need to ensure you and all of your loved ones are properly cared for.
Call us today at (918) 992-4860 or send us an email.
My Choice In Home Senior Services
is Licensed & Certified
Helping seniors say,
“It’s My Choice to stay in my home.”
We take the time to find the best caregiver for you or your loved ones.
Our trustworthy, well-trained professionals are available within 24 hours.
Schedule A Complimentary Assessment Now
You can’t always be there.
We understand. We are here to help.
Meal planning & prep
Bill paying assistance
Our Clients Love Us
“My Choice took a huge pressure off me, because I can get to my office on time. I no longer feel stressed about taking care of her. Thank you for all your help!”
a caregiving husband
“Our My Choice caregiver is a treasure. She brightens my mother’s day and is so helpful. She has de-cluttered whole rooms, planted daffodils, polished silver, cooked special recipes, picked up medications and been a jewel in every way.”
a caregiving son
“We laugh and talk about art and really enjoy being together. I look forward to her visits and am happy to get out and about. Bless you for finding my special friend.”
Barbara J., senior caregiving client